Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard
Snow Leopard cub (7 mos old) - Cape May County Zoo

Friday, April 15, 2011

Commonly Asked Questions

Ok, so this is not one I get asked TOO often but enough that I thought it was worth mentioning.


I found a lump/growth on my dog, what is it? 




Now this is a female but I get asked this on a male dog. So imagine the above picture IS a male dog. The "lumps" they ask about are mammary glands. 


Then I get the "but it's a male?!"


To which I always reply, "well, do human males have nipples?"


And the usual response is: "oh yeah"


A not so commonly asked question is: where can my dog get some sex? I have NEVER (until today!!!), in 13 yrs, been asked that. Wow. Every vet could probably write a book and each one would be totally unique. 





1 comment:

  1. I am sooo glad none of my students has posed that question to me in class.
    In high school biology, I was asked if a girl could become pregnant swimming in a pond containing amphibian sperm. This followed a classroom discussion on amphibian reproduction in that environment, but it was challenging to "stay professional" as I answered the issue.

    ReplyDelete