Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard
Snow Leopard cub (7 mos old) - Cape May County Zoo

Thursday, June 2, 2011

There's No Substitute

...for cutting through REAL tissue. I am all for using computer technology in medicine and science, but there IS no way this replaces dissecting real animals or doing procedures on REAL animals. Trust me. I speak from experience. I wouldn't want to spay even an unowned, stray cat without having actually EVER done any procedure on a real animal - alive or sometimes recently deceased. Sounds "horrible" to some I'm sure. It's not. They are not in pain. 


Recently, a bill in Connecticut's House of Reps recently passed that would allow students to opt of out animal dissections. It still needs to make it through the Senate.  Fine. If they want to be English majors let them. They won't be MY doctors and I won't refer my friends to them should they pursue veterinary medicine either. 


The article can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment