Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard
Snow Leopard cub (7 mos old) - Cape May County Zoo

Saturday, January 8, 2011

We All Have Our Priorities

Ok, a little more "humor" before I get to the serious and educational stuff I'm working on.

It's another client/tech phone conversation. Before I knew the whole story, hearing half of it was pretty funny let me tell you because this is what I heard:

Tech: Ok, it sounds like you should bring him right down.

Tech: No, choking is an emergency, he needs to come down right now.

Tech: Well, ma'am you'll have to decide what's more important - pizza or your choking dog.

What I found out was that the woman thought her dog swallowed a wooden spoon. The dog was, according to her, "choking."  She told my tech she was pregnant and very hungry. She had ordered a pizza and had REALLY wanted to wait for it to arrive. Hence my tech making the remark on priorities.

In the end she did come in shortly after this call (never found out if she had her pizza or not), her dog was not choking on anything but had tracheo-bronchitis, commonly referred to as kennel cough. Clients often think a dog is choking on something when dogs have this upper respiratory infection. The dog was sent home on meds.

No comments:

Post a Comment