Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard
Snow Leopard cub (7 mos old) - Cape May County Zoo

Monday, February 20, 2012

Interesting Week Ahead

This week coming up is going to be interesting on several fronts - not all veterinary. 


I am the only vet at the practice this week and that's ok. The only down side is that we don't have any surgeries.


Surgery is my favorite thing. It's fun. It can be challenging. It's where I can get in a zone. I don't have to deal with crazy or nasty clients. 


Last week, I was thrilled to find out someone we work closely with on cruelty cases needed her own dog neutered this week if possible. I was happy to fit it in during a lunch break this week.


Yes, as much as this Italian girl loves and lives for food, I would rather eat quickly (and as a veterinary student you become very good at that!) and do a surgery.


Now, it looks like I'll get to help make our sweet black blocked kitty into a girl. Essentially he needs to lose his penis. No, I am not kidding. We need to make him a bigger outlet like a girl cat so his chances of re-obstructing are minimal (not 0%). This will be a challenge. AND we need to find out when we can do this. So I"ll be juggling appointment around to be able to do this procedure.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't diagnosing a problem the BEST challenge professionally? I love that aspect of corrective reading in my students and you love it with the patients you help so much.
    Your sister in Christ, DOnna

    ReplyDelete