Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard
Snow Leopard cub (7 mos old) - Cape May County Zoo

Monday, October 10, 2011

When Bad Things Bring Out The Best

Today I am not blogging about a specific animal, medical condition, surgical procedure, cool news story or some weird case that I saw. 


I just want to say that, very often, a small animal hospital runs like a soap opera. There is often a lot of drama, gossip and sometimes turnover in these places. I've seen it in every single one that I have worked at. 


However, recent events have shown me another side to this business. Some very upsetting, dramatic, horrible things happened (on purpose) to a practice owner, an wonderful human being and excellent veterinarian. This person did not let it get her down and drew on her own faith and the rest of us, to keep things going. 


We were a close group before - had fun, did our jobs to the best of our abilities, put the animals and clients first - but sometimes it isn't until you are truly tested that you see what people are made of.  I am impressed and touched to see this group of people stand behind someone and the business. And you know what?  We still managed to have fun, smile and laugh. Even the person most hurt by this. Sometimes when someone does something to another person with ill intent, they do not realize that it only makes the person stronger! 

No comments:

Post a Comment