Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard
Snow Leopard cub (7 mos old) - Cape May County Zoo

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Horses Helping Humans

Through various people - notably my father -in -law - I've heard about horses being used therapeutically to help individuals, especially children, with various physical disabilities. Their website, Human Therapy On Horseback, discusses the conditions that are helped and how it works. It IS amazing what they, and programs like theirs, are able to accomplish.






This article discusses a slightly different therapeutic use but does not surprise me. Animals ARE wonderful therapy. Makes me wonder how much trouble I'd be in without my crew...they must be keeping me somewhat sane here! 






Caisson Platoon Equine Assisted Therapy aids wounded warriors

Arlington Animal Advocacy Examiner


“Mortars, missiles, rockets, bodies.” LTC Samantha Nerove says, “ I can’t get rid of the memories. It is just as fresh as if it is happening right now. Just as real.”
Sam, as everyone addresses her, joined the Army in 1988. Sam relates, “I was happy, well-adjusted, young, and ready to set the world on fire.” Sam has lived all around the world and served in Operation Desert Storm and Iraq where her life changed radically.
“My injury, Sam states boldly, “is PTSD.” Undiagnosed for two decades, Sam describes Post Traumatic Stress Disorder as an “invisible destruction,” that eventually placed her “in the deepest, darkest hellhole unable to function.”


Continue reading on Examiner.com 
Caisson Platoon Equine Assisted Therapy aids wounded warriors - Arlington Animal Advocacy | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/animal-advocacy-in-arlington/caisson-platoon-equine-assisted-therapy-aids-wounded-warriors#ixzz1Tvcn14N4




No comments:

Post a Comment