Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard
Snow Leopard cub (7 mos old) - Cape May County Zoo

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Fun at the Fun Dog Show

Someone I respect and cherish recently commented to me that last week's posts were a bit depressing. I don't look at the week as a whole like that too much. Each day is so totally different than then next when you are in veterinary medicine. However, I will be a bit more aware and try to intersperse the sad stuff with some good things too. It seems the sad stuff is where we and you can learn the most.  






In any case, today I went to an event called Melon's Gift Fun Dog Show. It is an event that has gone on for the past 7 years and was inspired by one lady's survival of breast cancer, her dog and her wish to do good with her time.  This is a fundraising event for breast and other cancers. And it's a ton of fun. A great day out for the dogs too. There are all sorts of cool categories such as: 





bullet
Dog with the wiggliest butt
bullet
Dog with the most expressive eyes
bullet
Dog most in need of a bib
bullet
Dog/owner look alike
bullet
Fancy Dress
bullet
Dog with the most expressive ears
bullet
Best smile
bullet
Best kisser




I went along with my dog and my boss's dog and we just had a nice day out. Of course, it was a bit humid but the social time was good for human and canine alike! Amazingly, though there were dogs of all sizes, ages and breeds, everyone got along great...hmm..a lesson we humans could learn, right?









No comments:

Post a Comment